Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse for Children and Adolescents
Preferred Behavioral Health Group, Brick/Toms River
Part or Full-time
Preferred Behavioral Health Group is one of the largest non-profit agencies in Monmouth and Ocean Counties that provides behavioral health treatment and services encompassing mental health, substance use and addiction programs. Serving the local community for 40 years, Preferred Behavioral Health Group has evolved to meet the needs of children, teens, adults, families and corporations; with a multitude of programs supporting individuals from 4 years old to 104 years old.
We are seeking a Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse for our outpatient behavioral health program for Children and Families as well as our Adolescent Partial Care Program. The Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse would be responsible for the provision of psychiatric care to clients ages 5 to 18.
The programs are located in Brick and Toms River, NJ. Our outpatient program is open seven days a week which provides for flexible scheduling. Working evenings is expected.
• Provide psychiatric evaluations and diagnostic testing under the supervision of a collaborative physician.
• Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse will prescribe medications
• Maintain records in our electronic health record
• Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse collaborates with other providers and family members
• Completes outside forms as necessary
• Demonstrate clinical competency in psychotropic medication use, side effects, and indications for psychiatric intervention for children and adolescents.
• Master of Science in Nursing
• Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Clinical Specialist in Child/Adolescent Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing or a Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatric /Mental Health Nursing.
• Must possess a current NJ License to practice and have experience working with children and families
Job Type: Part or Full-time
Excellent work environment and compensation package.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Tara Chalakani- firstname.lastname@example.org
While the New Jersey Psychiatric Association (NJPA) makes every effort to post accurate and reliable information, it does not guarantee that the information on this website is complete, accurate or up to date, nor does it assume responsibility for the use or application of any posted material. The NJPA takes no responsibility for any error, omission or other discrepancy between the electronic and any printed versions of documents. This website is intended solely for the purpose of electronically providing members, non-member psychiatrists and the public with information and convenient access to a variety of resources. The NJPA cannot provide specific advice or counsel, whether medical, legal or otherwise. This website links to websites maintained by other entities. Although efforts have been taken to assure that these linked websites are maintained by reputable organizations, the NJPA is not responsible for the information and opinions expressed in those linked sites.